Top PMI-ACP Exam Prep Tools

Any idea on whether the PMBOK 5th edition is going to be easier or tougher!!

edited January 2013 in PM Certifications

Hey folks! Would like to know your opinion on the upcoming PMBOK..any assumptions??

Comments

• The major updates to the Fifth Edition are summarized below:

■ The content from Section 3 “The Standard for Project Management of a Project” has been moved to Annex A1. The new Section 3 addresses project management processes and Process Groups as in previous editions.

■ A new Knowledge Area has been created called “Project Stakeholder Management” that increases the focus on identifying and engaging stakeholders. This increases the number of Knowledge Areas from nine to ten.

■ Four planning processes have been added to reinforce the concept that each major Knowledge Area has a planning process focusing on how that area will be planned and executed.

But I am not sure how tough the exam will become. So I will suggest give the exam before the change. i.e. before 31st July, 2013.

There are few good PMP exam prep providers like PMTI, PMstudy, Cheetah, and many more. You can take their online courses or classroom course. And also we are here to guide.

All the best!!!

• Hi,

I don't think it will be any easier or tougher, but there are far more changes to the content than the new number of processes (47) noted above.

I just posted a new entry to the PM Lessons Learned site that is very important to you folks attempting to decide which version of the PMBoK Guide to test against. Maybe this article will help you make your decision. There are big-time changes! So if you have study material you are using now. You might want to hurry-up and sit for the exam before 31 JUL 2013.

Hope this helps!
    Dana